Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall


As plain as daylight it says “Blog post: Whatever you like” the right side of my brain says “sweet a blog post where I can creative and express myself” as the left side of my brain whispers “creativity is illogical” while being bashed in the metaphorical head with a metaphorical bat made up of various math equations, facts about the world, and a rough draft of today’s work schedule. But instead of boring you with my gibberish I will talk about fall. As the bitter weather complements a gritty breeze with the strength to pull leafs of various shades of orange, yellow, and red off their branches sending them fluttering to the ground with grace. I close the door with a great thud as I am locked on my mission to enjoy the beauty that autumn brings to my doorstep. Stepping out of the protection of the makeshift windshield the house had made I feel the brisk breeze on my unprotected neck. I start to walk the path that the pine tree had shed upon. I notice the calls of various birds safe nestled away from the strong wind within the trees. Then I stop at the edge of the road looking right to the long stretch of road and then left into the trees blocking my sight of the road. When I have assured myself the road is clear I dash to the opposite side to find another path.

1 comment: