Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pre-writing that worked in the past

Well most of the pre-writing that I use today I mostly learned in high school some in elementary when I started learning pre-writing existed. The first type of pre-writing which didn't exactly work for me but it was the only pre-writing that I knew which was ven-diagrams. The format wasn't very friendly to me as a young writer who had no idea what an essay included or even was other than friend in Spanish. Then I learned the Z-shape format that my elementary teacher Mr. Brennan had made. The Z-shape pre-writing is a simple format which has Thought bubbles which are connected by lines in a Z shape. I used this format until I started using another format which my middle school teacher Jan taught me which had no name but consisted of a Main Idea, four supporting idea, starting, and ending sentence. From there most of the pre-writing formats that I learn from there were all mutated versions of the format that my middle school teacher had taught me. Currently I am using a mutated version that my high school teacher taught me which seems to be pretty helpful. But other pre-writing techniques that I have learned that involve writing until an idea pops out of my head which seems to help if I am in a bit of trouble in my train of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment